Children’s Literacy Initiative (CLI), a national organization committed to getting children reading at grade level by third grade, seeks an ELL Project Coach to coordinate the professional development services and supports being implemented in three School District of Philadelphia elementary schools as part of a Co-Teaching for ELLs Project. The Coordinator/Coach will be fully dedicated to managing and supporting the project.
- Analyzing and using data for instructional decision making
- Analyzing data to develop school-wide and district-wide instructional plans for EL students
- Facilitating and coordinating multiple instructional supports to meet program goals
- Developing and facilitating professional development for teachers, administrators, and support staff
- Developing and facilitating parent workshops and other forms of parent engagement activities
- Supervising and supporting staff in setting performance goals
- Coaching and mentoring teachers through structured feedback
- Collaborating with district staff, teachers, and administrators to develop and sustain instructional initiatives
- Progress-monitoring instructional initiatives and making budgetary and programmatic modifications if necessary
Requirements and Qualifications:
Candidates should also have a commitment to meeting the needs of a diverse population and experience working in urban environments, strong knowledge of pedagogy and experience teaching strategies to support ELLs, proven ability to work as a member of a team, strong leadership capabilities, and a commitment to their own learning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Second language acquisition
- Literacy development
- Research-based instructional programs for EL students
- Current research regarding co-teaching, mentoring, and coaching
- Effective parent engagement strategies
- Degree and experience:
- Master's degree in Education or field of instruction preferred
- At least 5 years of K-3 Literacy teaching experience and a standard teaching certification
- Candidates should be extremely knowledgeable about Literacy Best Practices for ELL students
Children’s Literacy Initiative (CLI) is a thriving national non-profit organization working with Pre-K through third grade teachers to ensure children can read and write on grade level by the end of third grade. Headquartered in Philadelphia, with offices in New Jersey, Chicago, Denver, Houston and Ft. Lauderdale, CLI reaches nearly 50,000 students and 2,000 teachers with its proven suite of services. With a 30 year history, CLI has recently experienced a period of rapid growth, nearly tripling in size in the last four years, due to its ability to make a demonstrable impact for children and an extraordinary and committed staff.
Children’s Literacy Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.