Children’s Literacy Initiative (CLI) is seeking a Project Associate to be based out of our Center City Philadelphia headquarters. This position will support services and events and requires the willingness to travel, if needed. It is a great opportunity to develop communication, organization, data and project delivery skillsets, while enjoying the benefits and culture of an established and mission-driven nonprofit.
What are the main responsibilities of this role?
- Provide administrative support to Operations Team, including: filing, making copies, answering main phone line, replying to project group email inquiries and related questions, calendar management, rectifying expense reports, and special projects as requested.
- Maintain accurate project data, including: timely, accurate database updates, document management, entering contact and project details into Salesforce and checking for timesheet and invoice accuracy.
- Support for on & off-site events, including: creating surveys prior to events, arriving early/staying late to ensure successful start/completion, monitoring in-progress events and responding to presenter and participant needs, confirming participants, ordering/setting-up refreshments, distributing event materials and logistical information to attendees, accurately collecting and inputting event details into Salesforce, adding events to company calendar, managing event registration/participant check-in, booking event space and required technology, collecting and summarizing survey data and physical event set-up (arranging chairs, buffet tables, food orders, materials, etc.).
- Representing CLI externally & internally, including: coordinating regional office needs and activity, serving as first point of contact, corresponding and welcoming event participant and presenters, participating in CLI’s internal improvement (Fundamentals) committee and liaising between regional/field employees and Philadelphia HQ.
What is required to be considered for this role?
- Flexibility with standard work hours and willingness to travel
- Associates Degree; Bachelor’s Degree in related area (Business, Nonprofit Management, Communications, etc.) strongly preferred
- At least 1-year office experience
- Passion for excellent customer service
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize tasks from different sources and communicate expectations and progress to stakeholders
- Ability to troubleshoot and react to changing needs/potential issues
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Internet
What other skills are needed?
- Ability to make connections and anticipate needs
- Ability to handle situations calmly and diplomatically
- Comfort with communicating ideas to management and escalating potential issues appropriately
- Solution-oriented thought process
- Nonprofit or event planning experience preferred
- Exposure to Salesforce or other database knowledge preferred
Children’s Literacy Initiative (CLI) is a thriving national non-profit organization working with Pre-K through third grade teachers to ensure children can read and write on grade level by the end of third grade. Headquartered in Philadelphia, with offices in New Jersey, Chicago, Denver, Houston and Ft. Lauderdale, CLI reaches nearly 50,000 students and 2,000 teachers with its proven suite of services. With a 30 year history, CLI has recently experienced a period of rapid growth, nearly tripling in size in the last four years, due to its ability to make a demonstrable impact for children and an extraordinary and committed staff.
Children’s Literacy Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.