Children’s Literacy Initiative (CLI), a national organization committed to getting children reading at grade level by third grade, seeks a Development Assistant to join its fundraising team. Reporting to the National Director of Development, the Development Assistant will provide overall administrative support to the team of five, including maintaining the Raiser’s Edge donor database, assisting in sending donor communications through Luminate Online, and supporting the team in national and local fundraising initiatives with a range of donors.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing organization with a nationally-distributed fundraising team and pathways for professional growth.
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge donor database and documentation, including processing donations in Raiser’s Edge and preparing acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Run scheduled and ad hoc reports from Raiser’s Edge, as requested
- Work closely with finance department to maintain and reconcile donor and gift records
- Help manage campaigns, create donation forms, run reports, and maintain email lists in Luminate Online
- Assist with funder communications and grant proposals
- Undertake basic prospect research
- Serve as liaison for annual charitable registration renewal process
- Create, organize, and maintain development files
- Schedule and coordinate internal and donor-related meetings, including catering
- Provide general administrative support to the Director of Development
- Provide administrative support to the team for booking travel and expense reports
- Take notes and communicate decisions and action steps to meeting attendees
- Other tasks as needed
- 2+ years’ development experience or similar sales background
- Professional, customer-oriented demeanor with team members,colleagues, clients, partners and funders
- Technical and database acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Self-directed, with ability to collaborate with team and meet deadlines
- Positive, flexible, can-do attitude
- Problem solver
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM preferred
- Ability to prioritize and respond to ad hoc requests while completing regular responsibilities
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
Children’s Literacy Initiative (CLI) is a thriving national non-profit organization working with Pre-K through third grade teachers to ensure children can read and write on grade level by the end of third grade. Headquartered in Philadelphia, with offices in New Jersey, Chicago, Denver, Houston and Ft. Lauderdale, CLI reaches nearly 50,000 students and 2,000 teachers with its proven suite of services. With a 30 year history, CLI has recently experienced a period of rapid growth, nearly tripling in size in the last four years, due to its ability to make a demonstrable impact for children and an extraordinary and committed staff.
Children’s Literacy Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.